23 October 2007

It's Just Another Rainy Night...

Ah, you gotta love an early 90s Queensryche reference...

So here I am, about a week after my last night-of-shitty-sleep, tapping away on the keys (woo a Fear Factory reference - I'm on fire!) because I woke up at about 1:30am. The cat's been pissing me off this morning. I tried to lie down and snooze for a while, but she kept moving things and making the little noises that prod me out of anything that approaches a nap.

Hope that coffee machine is stocked up...

I've been workng through my CDs, getting them ripped and onto the MacBook. Not too many more to go now and I'll be set. One beautiful thing about this little sucker is that Sony BMG's copyright protecion bullshit software on The Butterfly Effect's Imago album doesn't work. So I have sweet MP3s of the whole album on all my machines now. Take that, big business!

I discovered Facebook the other day too. I've so far found a bunch of people I went to school with, one I went to uni with and I found a mate who moved to the UK six months ago who I thought I'd lost contact with. So it's pretty cool for that I guess. Other than that, it feels a little inflated. But I'll give it some time to settle down and see what I think.

Speaking of inflated, I had a dabble in Second Life a few weeks ago. Kinda cool that you can fly around the worlds, but really, what's the point? Other than a dodgy 3D engine, it's just a dressed-up chat program that chews up my bandwidth.

Can you tell I'm a little tired?

No comments: