3 July 2007

Fresh Start

Listening to: Dream Theater - Constant Motion
--

I started my new job yesterday. Wow, talk about a great start. I've already been able to fix up a pretty big CAD file and drawings associated with it, and I've been given my first design job. And apparently I'm going to Saturday InDesign in Sydney at the end of the month.



If that's how my first day was, I can't wait to see what's going to happen today!

This time it feels... right. Here's a company that isn't afraid to drop me in the thick of it. They trust me and the skills I bring, and are willing to let me go for it. I like that. A lot. I'm getting a feeling about this job that I haven't had before. I did the whole metal detector thing which felt good except for some of the people. I did the whole box thing which pretty much sucked except for some of the people.

It's like I've been trying to find the right balance between the job and the people. I know it's only my first day, but so far the people have been great. No one is jumping out at me as being a potential tool, which is a rare but awesome thing.

Fingers crossed this is the chance I've been dreaming of for ten years.

1 comment:

Kel said...

hehe yay no tools! (well yet anyways), This is such a wonderful opportunity for you baby, I'm so proud of you!