13 June 2007

Cultivating My Own Nonsense

Listening to: Trivium - Entrance Of The Conflagration
--

Exhibition's open now - go look, buy, investigate, marvel, scoff. :)

Opening night went extremely well. The place was packed and everyoine had a jolly old time. We sold three prints on the night, and (at least) one more has sold since then. Now we start planning the next one.


So it was my birthday on Saturday. Hip hip hooray. I turned the magical 32. Kel and I went into the Central Markets for a couple of hours of wandering and experiencing the fresh food and gourmet cheese, coffee and miscellaneous shops. I really enjoy going in there - this was my first time in many years. But I think we'll be going back a lot more often.

Saturday night we went off to see Shrek The Third. Admittedly it was a bit of a let-down in the context of the first two movies, but still a good laugh. I love these Gold Class-style movies theatres though - being able to lounge back in a recliner and sip on a coffee while munching on buttermilk scones is heaven. :)

Sunday was spent in the hills, trying to capture the shot I want for next month's exhibition - I think I got it. I"m going to do a vertical panorama which will be big. Like 12x33 or so inches. :)

Monday (public holiday - god bless the Queen's birthday :)) I tried to pull a bunch of weeds out of the garden, only to find the little barbs really do actually sting. My arms broke out in a landscape of little bumps that itched like a bastard. Go me. Think I'll just buy some weed killer, even though it's strangely soothing to rip weeds out of the ground.

Dad tried to contact me for my birthday - he sent me a text message saying he'd call later. Still waiting.... Not that I've got much to say to him. He's ignored me for exactly a year, then expects things to be as per normal. I don't think so.

2 comments:

sighmon said...

hey mr.adam,

BAPPY HIRTHDAY!

must crack a shandy on the weekend to celebrate.

or something.

may your pinholes be merry.

si.

Kel said...

hehehe old man *points and laughs*