12 February 2007

Grumble Grumble

Listening to: Dream Theater - Endless Sacrifice

---

Changed the layout of my blogs. The grey was too depressing.


So we have applied for two places to rent. Hopefully we will hear about them this week.

We started packing our stuff up no the weeked, to save time when we have to move. We are hoping to have all the non-essential stuff packed away by the end of the week. Just quietly, I'm hoping we don't have to move this weekend - it's going to be 40°C all weekend. Yuck.

This really isn't something either of us wanted to do, but if my uncle wants to be a prick about it, then he can fucking well deal with it. I'm waiting for the agent to ring this morning (I was going to ring him, but fuck 'em, he can ring me), to find out if we are in fact moving and when we plan to be out. That's a date I can't give him at the moment. When we have somewhere to move to, then I can tell him. But until then he can wait. I know they will both want us out so they can get more rent. But they are not going to push us out any sooner. Because I will not be made homeless to appease my money-hungry uncle's desires. For once, he can work around my schedule.

And after all that, our hot water service still isn't working properly.

We're both tired, stressed and struggling to stay composed. To be fucked over by a relative after living in the flat for over three years (and for Kel, two and a half years) without any major complaints, is seriously dis-heartening. I always knew my uncle was business-minded. But to ambush us like he has is unfogiveable. Honestly, I wouldn't feel upset if I didn't see him again. Like ever. Kinda like my Dad, but that's a whole other story!

I know we received a good discount on the rent - I knew that from the day I moved in. And I wouldn't be so upset about the rent going up by as much as it is if I'd known in advance. If my uncle had called me (or told me when I rang him about the hot water service - he can't tell me he didn't know about the agent then) to give me warning about the agent coming into it, and the rent probably going up, then we would've have more time to prepare, start looking for a new place, or accept the rent increase. But no, he chose not to discuss it with me. He chose to keep that information from me, and now we've been ambushed and are on the back foot.

Sometimes I wonder how I'm related to some members of my family...


1 comment:

Kel said...

LOL i wonder too somedays baby!

We'll be fineeeee... bounce back as always :D

Love you! xx